Pages

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Whoever heard of a female knight?

No comments:
 
IMG_1501 IMG_1482 IMG_1479 IMG_1492 IMG_1483 IMG_1480 IMG_1495 IMG_1511 IMG_1523 IMG_1522
Top & Skirt Topshop Shoes Jeffrey Campbell Bag Alexander Wang Shades Le Specs/Henry Holland Cuff Fannie Schiavoni Rings H&M 

I've probably been watching too much medieval TV (by which I mean Game of Thrones and The Borgias), but I've always been very taken by the clothing from those eras. Think luxurious, never-ending folds of silk and velvet, intricate embroidery and delicate lace. What I really love though, is the perfect craftsmanship and attention to detail that goes into every piece- the basis, if you will, of modern day design houses.

Today's look though, was inspired not by the finery of the high lords and ladies, but the knights that would march out into battle, their armor gleaming under the sun. Call it my modern take on their battle gear, complete with chainmail-esque accessories and studded shoes that genuinely hurt. The modern world may no longer unsheathe swords or raise shields to fight, but we still have our own daily battles to survive. Ok I don't know where I'm going with this.

Anyways. In honor of my graduating with shockingly decent grades, my greedy paws have managed to latch themselves onto one of Alexander Wang's SS13 bags. I fell in love almost immediately with its structure and shininess (that hardware!), and it was THE perfect bag to complete today's look! I suspect I might be attracted to shiny things like a normal girl after all.

(To those living in Singapore, for god's sake go out and get yourself a mask!)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment