Pages

Sunday 30 June 2013

Sunday best

No comments:
 
IMG_1578 IMG_1575 IMG_1572 IMG_1579 IMG_1574 IMG_1568
Sweater H&M Top Thailand Skirt Topshop Shoes Jeffrey Campbell Fedora New Era Necklace Cheap Monday Cuff Far East Plaza | Singapore Bag Alexander Wang

So we've all heard the term 'Sunday best', mostly for use in sentences that also come with 'church', 'mass' and possibly 'behave yourselves inside!' Me, I'm a free thinker, so my Sundays are usually along the lines of rolling out of bed between the hours of 11am-3pm, blearily stumbling to the kitchen zombie-like and sticking my head in the fridge hoping for leftovers. The rest of the day sees me either lounging in bed with a book or lounging in bed with my laptop, dinner usually ordered in. You can imagine that for most Sundays, dressed up = pajamas from Topshop. Let's not even talk about my hair.

I'm accustomed to wearing nothing more than slippers and shorts on Sundays, so much so that the lack of effort usually manages to manifest itself even when I do "dress up". Today's outfit is the perfect example of my occasional slothlike tendencies: 3 separates that require me to do nothing more than pulling them on (no zips, no fuss), shoes that I practically just walk into and of course, a fedora so I don't have to bother with hair product. I even considered going bare-lipped, as you can see in the last photo, but unfortunately looking like a ghost has yet to be socially acceptable.

A little trick I've learned is to just pile stuff on. Layers, accessories, everything (but never makeup. Dear God no)! It makes you look like you give a toss, even if you don't. Also, statement pieces. Also, Ssense.com is having a up-to-70% storewide sale. Call it my good deed for the day.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment