Pages

Friday 3 August 2012

Triple Whammy (OOTD, Ginza Bairin and Dean & Deluca)

No comments:
 
No I did not dine at Ginza Bairin and Dean & Deluca on the same day, in fact, the outfit ahead isn't even from either days but there are too little pictures to merit individual posts. Also, i'm lazy.

Photobucket

Top Bangkokg Shorts Zara Shoes Topshop Premium Bag Chanel 

Idk what's up with my face either but I promise i'll never make this expression again. I got so annoyed with my photo self that I was tempted to put a huge circle over my face but once again, I got lazy. Until school starts properly, i've sworn not to use Photoshop for anything more than editing colours. This is a variation of my go-to outfits for when i'm only going to town for a couple of hours. Also, works for when I decide to randomly pop into Butter.

{----------------------------------------}

Dean & Deluca 

Photobucket

So we finally went to dine at Dean & Deluca, although it wasn't the best day because two of us wasn't very hungry and one of us just had a wisdom tooth extracted. Loving the store front in any case, you don't need to be hungry to appreciate this. Very typically Manhattan, what with the awnings and iron grills.

Photobucket

Didn't see this the last time I went poking around. Love the packaging! It looks exactly like men's cologne.

Photobucket

 

How it works: Get a table, order your shizz here and wait for the food to arrive.

Photobucket

 

Look at all the pastries!! I'm such a sucker for pastries I was so upset I wasn't hungrier so I could try them all. Ever since Europe i've been hunting for croissants that are as good but to date, the closest is Paul's.

Photobucket

 

Mushroom soup. The mushroom flavour was very, very strong, almost to the point of being overwhelming but when it comes to mushroom soup, that is never a bad thing. Very good soup! For $10 a pop though, it should be!

Photobucket

 

Chicken pot pie. Major plus points for the presentation and some more for the pie itself. The pastry was good, flaky but  chewy, and the chicken chunks inside were perfectly done. The cream based sauced wasn't too salty or rich as it tends to get with chicken pies.

Photobucket

 

Gluten free orange cake with almond slivers. This wasn't too big but I got full fast because it's really dense! It's a good cake, a light, subtle orange flavour that balances out all that cake-ness. Definitely made for sharing.

It's a nice place to chill, almost like a less judgmental Marmalade Pantry. Comparison as such because Dean & Deluca is quite pricey, something like $20 for a grilled chicken breast salad? On the other hand, the food is fresh and I think organic/artisan, so the price is somewhat justifiable.

{----------------------------------------}

Ginza Bairin
Photobucket


Tonkatsu Ginza Bairin
2 Orchard Turn #B4-39/40
ION Orchard Singapore


My new favourite katsu place for when I don't feel like paying $30-$40 at Tonkatsu Ma Maison!

Photobucket

Went with Carrie and she got the Katsu-don. I like how you can choose between 100g or 140g (of meat). A 100g is just nice for 1 person but I think if you go with a friend and neither of you are too hungry, 140g is perfect. The katsu-don was good, although it could have done with a little bit more sauce.

Photobucket

My second time here and I got the same thing as the first because I was craving curry haha. Black pig curry katsu-don, 100g! Always choose black pig if there's that option because the pork is leaner and not as fatty. The meat is still tender, and it was soooo cripsy! I had so many bits stuck to my lipstick that i've decided this is definitely NOT a first date place. The curry was just sweet enough, the slight heat of the curry lingering at the back of your throat. It's brilliant.

Ginza Bairin is definitely worth checking out, although I will admit that I was surprised at the prices, something like $18 for my curry? I mean, for a place in ION's basement, I would think it would be between $12-$15 but here, I don't mind paying. It's no Ma Maison, but it's perfect for when you need a tonkatsu fix.

 

It's my last Friday before school reopens and while that does not mean no more partying, it definitely means less partying, so tonight it's going to be an all-out no holds barred drinkathon at Attica! My liver is almost as excited as I am.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment