Pages

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Food and all those things (Review: Merry Men)

No comments:
 
It seems only appropriate that I do a post about the first day back, because i'm currently typing this at my studio space. Still trying to get back into the whole school momentum, and the long weekends are not making it easier for me.

Photobucket

Top Filippa K. Pants Topshop Shoes Topshop Bag TOUGHJeans Bracelets Bangkok 

Photobucket

Photobucket

{-------------------------------------------}

Merry Men 

Photobucket

I'm so excited to be finally talking about Merry Men! It is my all-time favourite go-to place for truffle fries and all things unhealthy.

Merry Men
86 Robertson Quay, #01-02
(S238245)

My only beef with the place is that it's quite inconvenient to get to without a car? But then again so is the entire Robertson Quay area. Still, totally worth the trip! I love the ambience there, it's so laid back and chill. I'm a fast eater and i'm usually in and out of cafes or restaurants under an hour but here I try to stay awhile longer. Plus their awesome Mango Mojitos make lingering there like a hobo so, so much easier.

(Sorry about the ugly photos, it was too dark and I was forced to use flash)

Photobucket

Mushroom soup- it had a great earthy flavour and even though it was quite substantial, it wasn't because they overdid the cream like some other places tend to do. I don't know how they managed to coax so much flavour out of a bunch of mushrooms.

Photobucket

Mac n Cheese! This was so fucking sinful I feel like i'm putting on weight just looking at the photo. Please share if you want to try other items from their menu, because it's quite jelat. Similar to OverEasy's, but this one had mushrooms and is much lighter because they chilled with the cream. The flavour is good, not too salty and it didn't make me thirsty the way mac n cheese tends to do.

Photobucket

Portobello mushroom fries with a blue cheese dip. One word: Amazing. Just take my word for it and order this, you won't regret it. The mushrooms are sliced thick with a good amount of breading and the dip. THAT DIP. Just takes the entire dish to the next level.

Photobucket

Aaaaand the star of the show- THEM TRUFFLE FRIES! Served with truffle mayonnaise, this is some serious intense truffle action that takes all your senses on a pleasure ride. First, that intense truffle aroma practically assaults your olfaction, and I mean that in the best possible way. Then, that taste. I really have no idea how these skinny shoestring fries managed to hold on to so much truffle flavour, but if it isn't enough, the mayonnaise is yet another truffle joyride.

Some might say that there's too much truffle going on, but I beg to differ because when it comes to truffles, there's no such thing as too much. Definitely hands down the best truffle fries in Singapore.

Photobucket

Some random cottage pie that had too much tomato paste.

Photobucket

Chocolate Lava Cake! I think CLC is quite the dessert cliche but I never say no to the one at Merry Men. They do it very well, the crust is wonderfully crisp and gets increasingly moister as you dig your way to the center, upon which molten chocolate just gushes out like lava. Ice cream if it's not rich enough for you, and some fruits to make you feel slightly better about yourself.

It is now 7pm and i'm shocked i'm actually still in school- willingly. I wouldn't mind discussing my design issue with a lecturer to be honest, nerdy as that sounds but I've got to bolt for a friend's housewarming. Thank god I put in some effort into dressing today.

Here's to the start of a new week, and what a week it's going to be xx

No comments:

Post a Comment