Pages

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Eurotrip: The Final Leg

No comments:
 
Unfortunately all good things come to end, but damn did we end it with a bang. Our tickets were round trip from Paris, so after Berlin we went back to Paris for all that high street shopping.

It's ridiculous how much cheaper it is in Paris. I know there's the cost of the plane tickets but I think it's worth it because not only do you get to experience a new city, you get to buy Chanel at nearly 30-40% cheaper. Before taxes, if I may add.

Photobucket

View from the hotel room. Now this is quintessential Paris.



Photobucket

So is this! Super old school elevator. We had to go up one at time when we checked in cause the lift was so tiny. Space is really a premium there. So are living expenses. In comparison, Singapore actually feels cheap. I mean, no way will 2 croissants, 2 hot chocolates and 2 OJs cost €20 here.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Was really surprised that the room had a bathtub.

Photobucket

It was raining so we had to buy umbrellas but nothing will deter me from shopping. EVER. This is along Champs-Élysées, your Orchard Road of Paris.

OOTD: Blazer: Zara, Shirt: Feist, Shorts: MinkPink, Shoes: Topshop, Bag: Marc by Marc Jacbos

Photobucket

"Walk in the rain so no one sees you cry"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was a fruitful day hahaha. This is just for that day, there was more the next day but no pictures cause we had to rush back, repack and head to the airport.

Photobucket

The amazing steak tartare. What an awesome last meal.

I'm going to miss Europe. France for the food and relatively cheaper shopping, Spain for the paella and markets and Berlin for all the 'hipster' shopping and art. Most of all, i'm going to miss being in a new place knowing that there's so much more to explore, to taste and to experience. This Eurotrip had of a lot of firsts for me, and a big big shout out to Carrie Wong for putting up with my troublesome baggage, dragging her into shops, risking our lives to find that famous paella etc. There are many people I can see myself travelling with, but there are few whom I'd be able to put up with for 2 weeks and she's definitely one of them. <3

Currently blogging from my huge ass king sized bed at Ascott Residences! I'm going to head off to the pool now, but pictures of the boy's 24th birthday party at Butter + the Ascott adventures in a couple of days.

Monday's over so that's always a reason to smile xx

No comments:

Post a Comment