Pages

Saturday 26 May 2012

The monochrome chronicles

No comments:
 
Little staycation at The Club boutique hotel in the Ann Siang Hill area! Been dying to get a room there because I always see it on Agoda (curse you and your emails) and i'm such a sucker for minimalist things that it really isn't a surprise the black and white theme caused my downfall. That and Antoinette was just around the corner? Sold.

Under pretense that it was a "farewell party" for me and Carrie (in case our parachutes fail to open or something like that), I got the room! It was about SGD$270 after taxes for the smaller room (The Club). The bigger room is called The Signature and it was significantly more expensive. Pity, cause it looked really, really awesome.

Warning: Major picture spam under the cut

Photobucket



Photobucket

Huge ass photo of me hoho.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I insisted on a black and white colour scheme to match the room.

Photobucket

The lobby. Love the ceiling.

Photobucket

Some random hardcore statue by the lift.

Photobucket

Oh Zushan~

Photobucket

Even the door looks good. I really am a sucker for black and white lolol.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I want my bathroom to look like this next time! Makes showering more fun haha.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also now want to upgrade to a king sized bed.

Photobucket

Photobucket

All these little touches that made the entire stay enjoyable.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My takeaway lunch from Antoinette! It's the Antoinette Breakfast. Comes with 3 mini pastries too.

Photobucket

There was this cool touch screen panel that before calling concierge, I had no idea did what. Turns out...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It controls mood lighting!

Photobucket

This chair has a built in lamp/table. I NEED THIS AT HOME.

The Screening Room

So I "hosted" dinner at the rooftop bar of The Screening Room. I used to work there a few years ago and I always wanted to be able to hang out there as a customer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lovely people who put up with my black and white clothing colour scheme <3

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Everything except the fries were pretty good! There was also another Wagyu burger and a side of naan and hummus dip.

Antoinette 

This is actually my 3rd or 4th visit to the restaurant, but I always go to the outlet at Mandarin Gallery. This was the first time going to the one at Chinatown. I wasn't particularly impressed with the attitude of the head waiter, because he was obviously looking down at me. I was dressed pretty sloppily and I just chucked my cash into a 7-11 bag cause I didn't bring my wallet out. Admittedly I didn't look my best but still... the snobby tone was very uncalled for.

Still, I got to say that the standard of food was consistant. I have yet to experience a bad Antoinette meal.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I really like this wallpaper, even though it's pretty damn gay.

Photobucket

I love the whole quaint/French theme they have going on.

Photobucket

Iced latte in a fancy-ish glass.

Photobucket

Photobucket

My scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and two bloody thick triangles of toast. I love their eggs, very rich and creamy. Exactly what you'd want to have for brunch.

Photobucket

His French version of the classic Eggs Benedict. I can't remember what Antoinette calls it, but the description is pretty clear.

AITE. It's 6pm here in Paris and i'm starving after looking at those food pictures. I'm off to hunt for food.

PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment