Pages

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Eurotrip: Berlin Day 1

No comments:
 
Or otherwise also known as the day I decided weather forecasts are full of it. It's 12degrees right now. 12 degrees. If my luggage wasn't already so full i'd have taken this opportunity to buy at least one thick fluffy sweater to wear.

So i'm waiting for Carrie to wake up so we can go down and have breakfast. Cold countries are terrible, i'm hungry all the time!

Photobucket

This is so what I pictured in Berlin, some cold gray minimalist concrete action. I'm telling you, this city is awesome. (This is actually a Holocaust memorial. People, us included, were happily leaping around on the blocks and taking photos. How bloody ironic)



Photobucket

We booked ourselves into a Vietnamese hotel LOL. We actually booked another hotel but after the Barcelona fiasco, we cancelled that booking and went for this. I know I sound spoilt but I'm on vacation, I don't want to be staying in some hole in the wall if i'm not backpacking.

Photobucket

This bed is incredible. I'm blogging from said bed right now haha. Mad sturdy, huge and the comforters are sooooo thick and fluffy! Which is great, since it's practically winter here.

Photobucket

The room is really quite big! It says "Suite" on the door and we're only paying SGD$400 for 3 nights! It's the Halong Hotel, located at 54 Leipziger Street. It's just a ten minute walk from the shopping area and in this cold, you don't notice the walk anyway.

Photobucket

I'm so, so grateful that most Germans seem to speak pretty fluent English! I mean just look at that sign, wtf is going on?!

Photobucket

Went to the nearest restaurant for lunch because we wanted to escape the cold. Turned out to be a lucky choice because the food was really good.

Photobucket

Photobucket

19 inch bratwurst with fried potatoes and onions.

Photobucket

White cabbage salad, that i'm surprised Carrie actually likes. Speaking of, I haven't seen sauerkraut anywhere.

Photobucket

Bavarian potato soup. Perfect for cold days!

Photobucket

Strawberry stand. So cute and out of place in gray Berlin haha.

Photobucket

Stumbled upon Checkpoint Charlie.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Getting some Checkpoint Charlie passport chops haha. Total tourist trap but whatever, I haven't gotten a single chop from ANY of the countries i've been to. This shall be my only proof that i've been to Europe.

Photobucket

Passport wheel at the Checkpoint Charlie museum.

Photobucket

The amount of methods people came up with to escape East Berlin is amazing.

Photobucket

Such a sad child's drawing =/

Photobucket

Some machine that people used to escape in.

Photobucket

Petrol tank escape. Can't imagine having to stay in that position for hours.

Photobucket

Mad cute car! So tiny. And yes, people escaped in this too. I know I wasn't supposed to touch the exhibits but I couldn't help myself. It felt kind of spooky though, touching something that existed during such a depressing point of history. All the cruelty and deaths during that time.

Photobucket

Okokok on to something less heavy.

OOTD: Jacket: Zara, Top: Vintage, Shorts: Zara, Shoes: Topshop, Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs.

I know the socks don't really go but my feet were freezing and I was too desperate to care already haha.

Photobucket

The famous Brandenburg gate!

Photobucket

Some photography op in front of it. I really wanna know wtf Darth Vadar has to do with anything.

Photobucket

Photobucket

At the Holocause memorial. This is what it looks like in between the blocks. Kind of scary actually.

Photobucket

The Sony Centre. Lights up like Times Square at night! Super intense and so much more alive than the rest of the city.

Photobucket

Me with a huge ass lego giraffe! There's a Legoland somewhere but it was closed by the time we got there. Loving the giraffe spam.

One more day today and i'm back to Paris tomorrow. Paris is two things for me, firstly a reminder that i'm leaving Europe soon, which is rather depressing but secondly, that it's time to go all out, no holds barred at LV, YSL etc. Bittersweet, bittersweet.

Anyhow, happy hump day guys! It's ladies night so please, please get drunk for me. I've been sober for 2 weeks today and it feels so goddamn unnatural. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment