Pages

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Eurotrip: Barcelona Day 4

No comments:
 
Hello from Germany! It's cold as heck here and i'm very annoyed I decided to trust the online weather forecast and leave my sweater dress at home. It would have been perfect but no. Now I have to freeze because all I have are summer clothes.

I'm quite amused that Berlin is exactly how I pictured it to be, cold, gloomy and gray. I'm looking at the Barcelona photos on photobucket right now, oh how I miss that sun. Kind of.

Photobucket

Highlight of day 4!



Photobucket

The Barcelona Sants train station. For skydiving we had to go to another town, Figueres (incidentally, where Salvador Dali was born) about 60km from Barcelona.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Underground at the inter-city metro. Quite civilized but when the trains came it was like being at Singapore's MRT stations all over again.

Photobucket

COLOURS SUPER LIKE SBS CAN.

Photobucket

Very comfortable. I managed to knock out for the entire 1.5 hour ride.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sleepy town of Figueres!

Photobucket

OOTD: Jacket: Zara, Top: Zara, Jeans: Topshop, Shoes: Doc Martens, Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs, Sunnies: Taiwan

Photobucket

The skydiving site. The place is called Skydive Empuriabrave. It costs about €200? Photos and/or DVDs are a separate charge. Yeah it's a total ripoff but how often are you going to skydive? Definitely would want something to take back! Plus they give you a tshirt so yay new PJs.

Photobucket

Obviously we jumped tandem, would probably have killed myself if they'd allowed me to jump solo. This was the guy (totally cannot remember his name) who jumped with me. He was super nice, answering all my retarded questions about the landscape as we parachuted down. Now I feel bad I don't remember his name lol.

Photobucket

Preparing to jump!

Photobucket

Everyone gets a camera person for the videos and photos if you opt for it. They jump so chill man. He just rolled backwards while giving me the peace sign. I was quite chill about it until I had to go to the door. I wasn't fucking terrified or anything but I was like, "wtf i'm going to jump out of a fucking plane NOW". This is at 12,000 feet by the way.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I just have one thing to say in my defense, it's hard looking good at 12 000 feet. Word of advice though, definitely wear a Tshirt and bring a jacket if its Spring/Autumn. It's not that cold in the Summer but I can imagine it would be terrible during the colder seasons.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The view was amazing, especially of the coastline.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love this photo! When the parachute opens, you get to steer for awhile. It was pretty dope.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also, TIE UP YOUR HAIR. My hair was a tangled mess and it took ages to sort out after. That's me after the jump, looking windblown and destroyed and frantically texting "OMG I JUST LEAPT OUT OF A PLANE DA FUQ" to everyone unfortunate enough on BBM and Whatsapp.

Photobucket

Waiting at the platform to head back to Barcelona.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Homegirl looking super tourist-y here. We went back to the Chinese restaurant again haha.

Photobucket

Egg fried rice and I was fucking happy that there was belachan.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rented bikes and went cycling again! It's very cheap in France and Spain, still don't know about Germany. It was only €10 for a full day rental.

Photobucket

Like I said in my previous posts, I feel so bloody healthy and active in Europe lol.

Photobucket

We cycled to the beach. Can't go to Barcelona and not go to the beach.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Clambered onto some rocks that led out to sea and just chilled there. It was really nice just listening to the waves crash against the rocks (while camwhoring) and soaking in the last rays of the sun (can't believe i'm saying this but now that i'm freezing my balls off in Berlin, I could use with some of that sun).

Photobucket

Shall end off this post with a picture of the sunset!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment