Pages

Monday 17 December 2012

Hong Kong // Day Two

No comments:
 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sweater Gap Skirt Warehouse Shoes Topshop Bag Chanel Scarf Taiwan Shades Thiery Lasry

At a random alleyway in Mongkok, after the world's most awesome breakfast! I got Ben to help with the photos, and turns out, he's a surprisingly fast learner! Hands still a little shaky (hence the slightly blurred photos) but nothing more practice (or a tripod) won't cure.

Bought the feather skirt many weeks ago! It was during the assessment period, I was in town to pick up supplies from Art Friend and I randomly popped into Warehouse for a little poking around. BAM. Feathers and leather- just try keeping me away. I also love the way the feathers glint and change colours in the sun. It is the perfect winter skirt, although packing it was quite a headache because I was so afraid the feathers would come off.

I also had my hair dip-dyed that gorgeous shade of blue, even know I knew it would fade really quickly. In fact, it's a kind of moss green now and I.. actually like it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So here's a funny story. Ben and I both suck at Mandarin (although as it turns out, he can actually read quite well) so basically any meal that didn't come with pictures was a huge guessing game. I just read in Catalog yesterday though, that's there's an app that translates foreign languages for you- all you need to do is snap a photo and let it translate it in real time! SO AWESOME?!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Breakfast was at the famous one Michelin-starred Tim Ho Wan dim sum located in Mongkok, Kowloon! We got up at the crack of dawn to travel from HK island to Kowloon, because it is so famous that if you miss the first seating, you won't get to eat until the second seating which would take approximately 2 hours? That's a pretty long time to queue when you're hungry! Ben and I were lucky, we reached there around 9.15am (they open at 10am) and managed to take the second last table!

There are two more outlets I think, but this is the original one and I heard that they were closing sometime soon, which made it absolutely necessary to eat here.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally inside and starving! We were seated just next to the kitchen area so I could see (and smell) all the food cooking #torture

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

HERE WE GOOOOOO! The food was INCREDIBLE, especially the po lo bao (first photo). Deliciously crisp, wonderful pasty encases a piping hot char siew filling that is out of this world. I could survive on that for at least a week! I loved everything, and I wish I could properly describe it in words but I doubt there's anyone who can. It's one of those experiences you've got to do firsthand, including the waking up early and queueing. Take my word for it, it'll be worth it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Cardigan Egg3 Shirt APC Jeans DC Shoes Everlast Cap WESC

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dinner at a Hong Kong styled restaurant! I'm clearly too obsessed with their toast.

{-------------------------------}

Christmas is cominggggg!!!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment