Pages

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Sunday dates (Review: Marmalade Pantry)

No comments:
 
Photobucket

A rare Sunday (or day, in fact) that I got the boy all to myself. Now I'm not selfish, help yourself to my pie by all means, but on the rare occasions I get him all to myself, EEERBODY HANDS OFF. Brought him to the Marmalade Pantry for a little TLC because a) he's too skinny and i'm jealous of his body fat percentage and b) he's been working so hard!

No need for introductions, everyone knows it's the spot for thick ass wedges of cakes and their famous red velvet cupcakes (and the tai tais who while away their afternoons there).

Marmalade Pantry
ION
#03-22

Stables
55 Fairways Drive

Photobucket

Cutlery with character. I'm a sucker for cutlery that looks like the designer actually gave two fucks about the aesthetics.

Photobucket

The boy's Flat White. The main purpose of this photo was actually to show you guys that apparently, there aren't supposed to be so many bubbles but I know alot of people can't look at clusters of circles so hehe cheap thrill. BOO!

Don't quote me on the bubbles thing though, I know jack about coffee because even though i've always opted for FnB positions in the past, caffeine just doesn't work on me so I really just drink coffee to feel like an adult lol. Red Bull you say? PFT.

Photobucket

Mexican Chicken Salad with spiced chicken chunks, black beans, cheese and tortillas! I liked it well enough but the taste got quite monotonous after awhile. The boy loved it though, and I got to say, it was so bloody refreshing I'm officially dubbing it the Perfect Singaporean Weather Salad.

Photobucket

Photobucket

He ordered a steak sandwich and look how bloody thick it is. Slightly underdone (closer to rare than medium rare) but when it comes to beef, better undercooked than overcooked, I always say. One of the best steak sandwiches i've had and in fact, had I eaten it sans bun like a regular steak, also one of the better ones i've had in awhile.

Photobucket

Wild mushroom and black truffle risotto. It came piping hot so you can imagine how orgasmic it was inside my mouth after I stirred in the strands of cheese. They were also very generous with the mushrooms, and the combination of said mushrooms and truffle oil gave the dish so much earthiness that it made me want to join some saving Gaia project so that mushrooms/truffles will never go extinct. SAVE THE MUSHROOMS. In fact, I love it so much i've declared that the next time i'm bedridden, this is what I want the boy to buy for me. Porridge and chicken soup? SO 2002.

Ok that didn't really make sense. Let me try again. It was so good that even though I was stuffed like a Christmas turkey, my hand went on autopilot and kept bringing spoonfuls of the stuff to my mouth. Bastard diet-ruining hand.

Photobucket

Another favourite of mine! Not sure what it's called on the menu but it's a sea salt caramel and pear bread pudding. Let's see, bread pudding, check. Sea salt caramel (one of my obsessions bordering on unhealthy), check. ICE CREAM, SCORE. Good quality ice cream too, if I may add.

I might be being just slightly biased here but I challenge anyone to order it and tell me it isn't good (like you sincerely hated it and not because you want to be annoying). I particularly liked how the people at Marmalade Pantry gave it a flaky crust (?) so it wasn't just one texture in the mouth. J'ADORE.

{--------------------------------------------}

Photobucket

I've been wearing my shorts to death because the weather has been so hot. Ok that and i'm lazy on Sundays to think up outfits. (This streak of recent laziness is actually quite worrying. It ends now, I promise.)

Photobucket

I think i've got a shirt fetish. Love him in shirts, especially when it's from Fred Perry but he somehow doesn't make it look like it's been done to death. Once again, slight possibility of some bias-ness but c'mon, shirts + headgear? /swoons

Photobucket

Totes adorbz decor in Rockstar by Soon Lee (Cineleisure, top floor)! Hope it brings a smile to your face as it did mine!

On the other hand, Monday is over so that's always a reason to smile! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment