Pages

Saturday 21 July 2012

Red:Food

No comments:
 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Top Volcom Skirt Japanese Brand Belt Zara Bag Taiwan Shoes Jeffery Campbell

My attempt at faux vintage, but I was really just looking for a reason to wear that t-shirt out because I think I haven't worn it out seriously for at least 3 years. I think it works somewhat, what with the ridiculously obnoxious printed shirt and the full skirt. Dramatic colours just because I was feeling dramatic that day.

{---------------------------------------}

So yesterday was a girly day of gymming (finally!), shopping and mani/pedis with the bff. I haven't had a full day out with her in ages it's almost criminal. Anyway what i'm really trying to say is that oh yeah, did I mention my iPod fucking died, the traitorous little bastard, so I was forced into buying an iPod Touch. Definitely not a purchase I was pleased with, since it was practically under duress.

Ok no that was not what I was trying to say. We were at Orchard Central and I remembered that Dean & Deluca had opened, so I practically dragged her to go check it out with me. If you don't know, Dean & Deluca is a gourmet speciality food store, kind of like Jones the Grocer, except that it's from New York City and thus making it a million times more awesome. They also have dining (heard the weekend brunches are pretty dope), which I'm definitely trying within the next few days. I went around snapping photos because everything was so pretty at risk of looking like a loser but whatevs.

Photobucket

How cool is this. They sell herbs in these test tube jars too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I question the necessity for such pretty packaging for tea.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Coloured sugar for all the baking junkies.

Photobucket

Naturally, any gourmet food store worth it's salt (no pun intended) would have some form of truffle salt. At Dean & Deluca, they have white and black truffle salt! Will definitely be buying this when i've recovered from having to spend unwillingly on an unwanted iPod.

Photobucket

Jars and jars and jars of dried herbs and rubs. I love the idea of a rub because instead of having to buy the million different herbs and spices and ending up never using them afterwards, Dean & Deluca has done that for you already AND they have a variety of rubs too. They even tell you what you'd use the different rubs for on the labels. All that being said, I wonder what the quality is like? Definitely going to buy some to try for myself.

Photobucket

Photobucket

More pretty packaging.

Going to Dean & Deluca yesterday really made me want to jump right back into my kitchen and start cooking again. With the exception of my Lovechild Pie sometime earlier this week (will be blogging about that soon), I haven't really been cooking in a while- too many new places to try you see. Let's see if I'm inspired enough to cook more before school reopens!

Going to the Harry Potter exhibition later! I didn't have to wheedle and cajole much, the boy was surprisingly agreeable. I smell a rat.

Happy Weekend! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment